Brownie cake pops can make a really great party dessert.
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 125g butter, chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ⅔ cup plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 250g Nestle white chocolate melts
- 250g Nestle dark chocolate melts plus a little extra for step 3.
- Purple, white and brown sprinkles
- Shredded coconut
To purchase the Sunbeam Cake Pop Maker, buy it online at The Good Guys. They also make great gifts!
Source: Sunbeam Australia
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over a low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and stir sugar and eggs to chocolate mixture. Add cocoa, flour and baking powder and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Place 1 tablespoon of mixture into each hole of a cake pop maker and cook for 7 minutes. Remove and place on wire rack to cool.
- Dip one end of lollipop sticks into chocolate then insert into cake pops. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, melt the white and dark chocolate in 2 separate bowls, following packet directions.
- Dip the cake pops, one at a time into melted chocolate; hold over the bowl allowing excess chocolate to drip away. Stand in a glass (or piece of foam) and to set at room temperature.
- When set, re-melt chocolate if necessary and repeat step 4, giving the cake pops a second coat of chocolate. Sprinkle with, or roll in coconut and sprinkles to decorate as you wish.