Passionfruit cheesecake which is sure to make the mouth water!
- 250g plain biscuits, roughly broken
- 125g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese, room temperature, cubed
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp (approx 3 passionfruit)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line base of a 20cm springform.
- Place biscuits in batches in the blender jug. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Place biscuit crumbs and melted butter in a bowl; mix well until combined. Press crumb mixture into the base and sides of a prepared pan. Place on a baking tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place cream cheese into a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on high speed , for about 3 minutes or until creamy. Add sugar and mix for a further 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition. Scrape sides of bowl if necessary.
- Reduce to a low speed, add cream and passionfruit. Beat until the cream has been mixed through and there are no lumps.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for approximately 50 minutes or until firm. Cool in oven with door ajar. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.